Skip to main content

Thread: Need some help repairing my filesystem (NTFS)


all right, have windows xp partition , running fine. decided reboot , after loading bios left black screen, no windows logo, no further progress. interestingly, projecting black - monitor did not go standby. implies me waiting on process, let run long time no result.

try boot disks. of linux-based tools work fine, tell me something's wrong filesystem in windows partition , need boot windows , run "chkdsk /f". none of windows-based boot disks boot, hang before, can't that. i'm here in ubuntu forum because it's been suggested me should try ubuntu boot disk , run fsck, it's giving me error:

"fsck: fsck.ntfs: not found"

checking, can verify ntfs-3g installed. so. if tell me how resolve error, or perhaps offer approach on how resolve initial problem, i'd appreciative.

thread moved "other os/distro talk" forum.


Forum The Ubuntu Forum Community Other Discussion and Support Other OS Support and Projects Other Operating Systems Any Other OS Need some help repairing my filesystem (NTFS)


Ubuntu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Could not place because the source rectangle is empty

Thread: Using smartcard reader with vpnc

Adobe Font Folio 7.0 or just 7?