Skip to main content

Thread: My First CB Radio Base Unit Build


so set first in-house cb radio , wanted share everybody. needed talk wife when i'm away because 0 cell phone service @ house, , couldn't bring myself pay phone bill land-line, not mention how easier me use mobile cb use cell phone if i'm driving, stopped our radio shack , dropped $250 on equipment , wound surprising myself.

got cobra 148 gtl mobile radio, 120v-ac 13.8v-dc transformer, actual transformer regulates , cleans power eliminate interference. got 50 feet of coax , soldered own connectors on , solarcon a-99 antenna looks 18-20 feet long , mounted onto porch.

did radio check , guy 10 miles away told me blowing him out of water easily, tells me i'll more capable of talking wife anywhere decide go locally using mobile cb (cobra 19 ultra iii 36 inch whip) i've had in car several years now. @ least she'll able yell @ me, not sure how little mobile cobra 19 compare.

anyway, first time i'd soldered own wires , proud of myself when got response 10 miles away telling me crystal clear @ distance, thought i'd share other people cb work or fun, , maybe pointers more experienced individuals. i'm not using linear amps or illegal, , prefer avoid using them. don't want talk people in hawaii, mean nice if legal hardware, main goal talk wife when i'm out , , talk people around county when i'm @ home in evening.

i've attached couple photos of how i've got set in house. i'll take photo of antenna tomorrow when it's light out. it's dark , raining outside , can't shot of whole thing because of how far away have stand.
attached images attached images



Forum The Ubuntu Forum Community Ubuntu Community Discussions The Cafe My First CB Radio Base Unit Build


Ubuntu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Could not place because the source rectangle is empty

Thread: Using smartcard reader with vpnc

Adobe Font Folio 7.0 or just 7?